Oh! Well, hello again. It’s been a little while! It’s nice to be back. With this release, Charm is up to date with all modern iOS devices, ready for a whole new generation of curation and storytelling with Twitter.
New in version 2:
Charm for iPad
Charm was originally designed for lightweight curation on the fly. In 2.0 you can go pro, with a fully realised Charm for iPad.
- A full, multi-column layout taking advantage of larger displays.
- iPadOS multi-tasking support: Drag-and-drop curation of Tweets between apps.
- See a Tweet quoted in a news story? Just drag it right into Charm.
- You can also collect from the Twitter app and website. In Charm 2.0 Bookmarks, Moments and Twitter’s full-featured search can be curation sources, just by dragging Tweets into Charm.
- Support for displaying Quote Tweets, multiple images, and video.
- Modernised Tweet display and formatting.
- Easily pick your Twitter account using the native Twitter app, when installed.
- Compose 280 character Tweets.
- Support for full-screen display on all modern iPhones and iPads, plus landscape orientation improvements.
- User interface refinement and polish, improved layout and iconography.
- App is smaller, faster and more efficient. Some extraneous features from the old Twitter integration have been removed.
- Improved support for adaptive text accessibility.
- Integrated tips and tricks for using the app.
- Curated collections can now be re-ordered using native drag-and-drop. The old “reorder mode” from Charm 1.0 has been removed; you no-longer need to tap the toolbar button to start rearranging collections.
- Now access settings, accounts, news, updates, and application help by tapping your user icon in the toolbar.
- You can now more easily access the collection editor with a long-press on a collection in the index view.
- Fixed crash when trying to collect Tweets shared via the Twitter mobile website
Thank you for using Charm — it means an awful lot that you and so many others have been dedicated to it over years. I hope you appreciate the update as much as I’ve enjoyed building it.